Book Outline & Menu of Notes
Key & Guide to Notes
- Philippians -
- The Church of Christ - The Joy of following Him.
- 1. The Philosophy of Christian Living. Php 1
- Introduction, 1:1,2
- The Bond of Fellowship in the Gospel (1:3-11)
- Bonds and Afflictions further the Gospel (1:12-20)
- One Bold Purpose, by Life or by Death (1:21-30)
- 2. The Pattern of Christian Living (Php 2)
- A Mind for Others (2:1-4)
- The Mind of Christ - Humility (2:5-8)
- The Mind of God - Exaltation of Christ (2:9-11)
- Paul - Poured out for Christ (2:12-18)
- Timothy - Likeminded with Paul (2:19-24)
- Epaphroditus - Near death for the Work of Christ (2:25-30)
- 3. The Prize of Christian Living (Php 3)
- Past: Prize Discarded
- (Righteousness by the Law) 3:1-8
- Present: Prize...
- Found (Righteousness by Faith in Christ) 3:9
- Followed after (the Likeness of Christ)...
-- Paul's Goal, 3:10-14
-- The Goal of all true believers, 3:15-19
- Future: Prize Realized at Christ's Return (3:20,21)
- 4. The Peace of Christian Living (Php 4)
- Peace with Fellowlabourers (4:1-4)
- Peace via Prayer (4:5-7)
- Peace via Focus on the Virtues of Christ (4:8,9)
- Peace via Confidence in Christ, in all Circumstances (4:10-23)
[Elements in the above outline were adapted from J.V.McGee and the Ryrie Study Bible.]
Go to The Book opening page.