Book Outline & Menu of Notes
Key & Guide to Notes
- The Prophecy of Habakkuk -
- - The Goodness of God and the Problem of Sin -
- I. Habakkuk's Perplexity 1:1- 2:20
- A. Introduction, Hab 1:1
B. Problem #1
Why does God overlook the wickedness of Judah? 1:2-4
God's Plan: Judah will fall to Babylon. 1:5-11
- C. Problem #2 (1:12- 2:20)
Why will God use a more wicked nation as His instrument of judgment? 1:12- 2:1
God's Purpose: Hab 2:2-20
- Its Importance: Write... 2:2,3
- Its Principle: The Just shall Live by Faith. 2:4
- Its Execution: Woes upon the wicked. 2:5-19
- Its Perfection: Silence before Him 2:20
- II. Habakkuk's Prayer to the LORD Hab 3:1-19
- A. Requests to His Person, 3:1,2
- Revive Thy Work.
- Remember Mercy.
- B. Remembrance of His Power...
- in Israel's Deliverance from Egypt, 3:3-8
- in Israel's Conquest of Canaan, 3:9-12
- C. Recognition of His Purpose...
- the Salvation of His People, 3:13-15
- D. Reverance at His Predominance, 3:16
E. Rest in His Peace, 3:17-19
Go to The Book opening page.