Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 7
by C.I. Scofield
The unbeliever is in a two-fold error. He thinks that Christians are in bondage and that he is free. In fact, this situation is exactly reversed.
- The unbeliever is not free
The believer is free
- The unbeliever is in bondage to sin
- The unbeliever is in bondage to self
- The unbeliever is in bondage to Satan
- 2Timothy 2:26 - "Taken captive by him at his will"
- John 8:44 - "Your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do"
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- Free through Christ
- Free from present condemnation
- Romans 8:1 - "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ"
- John 3:18 - "He that believeth on Him is not condemned"
- Free from future judgement
- Free from bondage to sin
- Free from the law
- Free from fear
- Hebrews 2:14,15 - "Deliver them who through fear of death were... subject to bondage"
- Psalm 23:4 - "I will fear no evil"
- Romans 8:15 - "Ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear"
- 1John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love." The "perfect love" is God's.
- Free from care
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.