Bible Study Outlines
Volume 1, Lesson 4
by C.I. Scofield
The Humanity of Christ
It is of utmost importance to hold clearly and in Scriptural proportion the truth of the two-fold personality of the Lord Jesus Christ. Most heresies can be traced to error on this point. We must not let His humanity veil His deity; nor, on the other hand, forget that He is a man.
- The Humanity of Christ is shown:
The purpose of His incarnation was:
- By His birth and growth
- By His human body
- Hebrews 2:14 - "Flesh and blood"
- John 4:6 - "Being wearied"
- John 19:34 - "Came there out blood"
- Luke 24:39 - "A spirit hath not flesh and bones." He came from the grave with a human body.
- Luke 24:50,51 - "Lifted up His hands... carried up into heaven." He went into heaven with a human body.
- Acts 1:11 - "Same Jesus... so come." He will return with a human body.
- By His human soul
- By His human spirit
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 1 menu
- To manifest (show forth) God
- John 1:18 - "The... Son... hath declared Him"
- John 14:9 - "He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father"
- To die for our sins
- To become our High Priest
- Hebrews 2:17 - "Like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest"
- Hebrews 4:15 - "High Priest... without sin"
- To show believers how to live
- To be the King of Israel
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.