Bible Study Outlines
Volume 4, Lesson 1
by C.I. Scofield
The New Conditions of Life
Human life began in innocency, in a paradise of beauty and abundance, all of which was placed under the care of Adam. The Edenic covenant (Genesis 2:8-20) was based upon one condition: that innocence be maintained. However, the woman, Eve, was deceived, and transgressed that condition. Also, Adam, open-eyed, flung away innocency and his headship over creation. The sinning ones were no longer fit for paradise nor for a paradise life. New conditions were necessary, and the relationship between God and man was changed forever.
- The curse
The two seeds, two civilizations
- The tool used by Satan (the serpent) was cursed
- Genesis 3:14 - "Thou art cursed... upon thy belly shalt thou go"
- The doom of Satan was declared
- The promise of a Redeemer
- The changed state of the woman
- The earth cursed for man's good
- Genesis 3:17 - "For thy sake." It is better for fallen man to battle with thorns and thistles for a livelihood, than to live without toil.
- Genesis 3:19 - "In the sweat of thy face"
- Physical death
- Genesis 3:19 - "Unto dust shalt thou return"
- Romans 5:12 - "By one man sin... death by sin... death passed upon all"
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 4 menu
- Cain becomes the head of a great earthly people
- Genesis 4:1-15 - "Rose up against Abel... and slew him"
- Genesis 4:16,17 - "Cain went out from the presence of the Lord... bare Enoch: and builded a city"
- Genesis 4:21 - "Jubal... father of all such as handle the harp and organ"
- Genesis 4:22 - "Tubal-cain... instructor of every artificer in brass and iron"
- Seth becomes the head of a worshipping people
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.