Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 19
by C.I. Scofield
The New Covenant
- The promise of the new covenant
Seven ways the new covenant is better
- Jeremiah 31:31-34 - "I will make a new covenant... not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers" (see also Exodus 19)
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- It is "better" because of its effectiveness
- Hebrews 7:19 - "For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did"
- Romans 8:3,4 - "What the law could not do... God sending His own Son... that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us"
- It is established on "better" promises
- Exodus 19:5 - "If ye will obey." The old covenant focuses on man's actions towards God.
- Hebrews 8:8-12 - "I will." The new covenant focuses on what God did for man.
- The new covenant is written in the heart
- Hebrews 8:10 - "Put My laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts"
- It secures personal knowledge of the Lord
- It secures complete oblivion of sins
- Hebrews 8:12 - "Their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more"
- It rests upon an accomplished redemption
- Matthew 26:28 - "My blood of the new testament [covenant]... shed for many for the remission of sins"
- Hebrews 9:11,12 - "Christ... obtained eternal redemption for us"
- It secures restoration and conversion of Israel
- Jeremiah 31:33-38 - "I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.