Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 14
by C.I. Scofield
- An example of giving from the Bible
The giving believer
- 2Corinthians 8:5 - "Gave their own selves to the Lord"
- 2Corinthians 8:2 - "In a great trial... joy... abounded." They did not make affliction and deep poverty an excuse for not giving.
- 2Corinthians 8:4 - "Praying us with much intreaty." They did not wait to be urged.
- 2Corinthians 8:11 - "Perform the doing of it." They let their intentions become actions, and gave willingly.
Three things are to be remembered in Christian giving
- 2Corinthians 9:7 - "God loveth a cheerful giver." The spirit in which we should give.
- 2Corinthians 8:9 - "Christ... though He was rich... for your sakes He became poor." The reason we should give.
- 2Corinthians 9:6 - "He which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully." The reward of giving.
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- The Person to whom we give is the Lord
- How we should give
- The reward of giving
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.