Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 8
by C.I. Scofield
"Full assurance" is a scriptural expression, occurring three times in the Epistles.
- "The full assurance of faith" (Hebrews 10:22) -- the confidence of a believer that he is saved;
- "the full assurance of understanding" (Colossians 2:2) -- the confidence of an instructed believer who knows how he is saved;
- and the "full assurance of hope" (Hebrews 6:11) -- the confidence of a believer that he will be kept to the end.
The believer's assurance rests upon a believing knowledge of the following points:
A believer's assurance rests upon the promises
A believer's assurance rests upon the intercessory work of Christ
- A believer's assurance rests upon the completeness of atonement (the reconciliation between God and man)
A believer's assurance rests upon the new nature received
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- John 17:11 - "Holy Father, keep... those whom Thou hast given Me"
- Hebrews 7:25 - "He is able to save them to the uttermost"
- Hebrews 2:18 - "Able to succour [aid] them that are tempted"
- 1John 2:1 - "If any man sin, we have an Advocate"
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.