Bible Study Outlines
Volume 2, Lesson 1
by C.I. Scofield
The Love of God
- God's love is without measure
Who God loves
How God loves
- Ephesians 3:18,19 - "To comprehend... the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ"
- John 3:15,16 - "Whosoever believeth in Him"
- Jeremiah 31:3 - "Loved thee with an everlasting love"
- Galatians 2:20 - "The Son of God, who loved me"
- Ephesians 2:4 - "His great love"
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave." It has been said that the most expressive word in any language is the English word so in John 3:16.
What God's love has done for us
- Hosea 14:4 - "I will love them freely"
- John 16:27 - "The Father Himself loveth you." He loves as a Father.
- John 13:1 - "He loved them unto the end"
- John 17:23 - "Hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me." God loves us as He loves His Son.
What God's love will do for us
- 1John 4:10 - "Sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." Jesus died on the cross for our sins as an atoning sacrifice.
- Revelation 1:5 - "Washed us from our sins"
- Titus 3:4,5 - "He saved us"
- John 3:16 - "Not perish, but have everlasting life"
- Ephesians 2:6 - "Raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places"
- 2Thessalonians 2:16 - "Hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope"
Return to Bible Study Outlines, Volume 2 menu
- Romans 8:37 - "We are more than conquerors"
- Romans 8:38,39 - "[Nothing]... shall be able to separate us from the love of God"
- Hebrews 12:6 - "Whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth [disciplines]"
Return to Bible Study Outlines menu
Return to Resource Menu
All four volumes of
"Bible Study Outlines" by C.I. Scofield
are available in attractive 44 page printed booklets,
from the publisher:
Moments With the Book
P.O. Box 322
Bedford, PA 15522 USA
Order online at: www.mwtb.org
Go to The Book opening page.