Book Outline & Menu of Notes
Key & Guide to Notes
- 2Thessalonians -
- The Return of Christ, to Avenge His Own.
- I. Persecution of Believers Now...
- ...Judgment of Unbelievers at Christ's Coming. 1:1-12
- Introduction, v.1-2
- Paul's prayer, for the persecuted church.
- Thanksgiving for their growth and endurance, v.3-5
- (Explanation of God's righteous judgment, v.6-10)
- Petition for enabling to fulfill their calling, v.11,12
- II. Program of Events relative to Christ's Coming. 2:1-12
- The Rapture of Believers, v.1
- The Day of the LORD, v.2-5
- Will be Preceded by Apostasy,
- Will Reveal the Man of Lawlessness.
- The Mystery of Lawlessness... v.6-8
- Is already Active today,
- Will be Revealed when the Restrainer is taken out of the way.
- The unrestrained Lawless One... v.9-12
- Will be Empowered by Satan.
- Will Deceive all who Reject the Truth.
- III. Preparation of Believers in view of Christ's Coming. 2:13- 3:18
- Established in the Word, 2:13-17
- Established in their Walk, 3:1-5
- Established in their Work, 3:6-15
- Conclusion & Salutation, 3:16-18
[Elements of the above outline were adapted from JVMcGee.]
Go to The Book opening page.